Terms and Conditions

1. The quotation we have given you is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. to secure this price you must agree within this time period.


2. It is assumed that the customer will remove all of their property from the area which the works are being carried out or covered to avoid damage, unless provision is made to the contrary in the quote or by agreement.


3. All existing materials removed to allow for the quoted work to be carried out will be disposed of unless agreed otherwise. No claim will be entered into for items disposed of which the client wished to keep if no such notice in writing was provided

4. The cost of any variations to work included in the quote authorised by the customer (additional, by omission or by substitute) should wherever practicable, be agreed before the variation is carried out. The valuation of any variations will be added or deducted from the price stated in the quotation

5. Unless agreed any making good following electrical works carried out is to be carried out by the customer and is not included in the price

6. Every care is taken to ensure the best labour and materials will be used to produce a satisfactory finish. K Cahill Electrical at its own cost will rectify any faults or defects so long as such faults or defects are given by the customer to K Cahill Electrical within a reasonable period of time and are due to materials and/or workmanship not in accordance with these terms and conditions. The maximum period of defects liability will not exceed 12 months from completion of works

7. A minimum call out fee is charged for any call out to a property unless we have agreed to attend to quote for works only

8. Payment required for jobs are to be made as listed below;

General electrical works
Payment required upon completion of work unless agreed otherwise, for larger jobs a deposit of 25% can be requested

Electrical testing

Payment required after the electrical test has been carried out but before the customer is issued with the certificate

Rewiring of domestic properties

Upon acceptance of the quotation a deposit of 25% is required. once works are completed the remainder 75% is to be paid. The electrical certificate will be sent on once full payment has been received.

Commercial rewiring
50% payment is required upon completion of first fixing and remainder 50% is required on completion.

9. Invoices payment terms are to be paid within 14 days of the invoice date, the due date is stated on the invoice. If you fail to pay the amount specified in an invoice sent to you by the agreed due date, then we reserve the right to charge you interest until you pay the amount due. The interest rate we will charge will be 3% above the Bank of England base rate.

10. Where the customer disputes the invoice or any part thereof, only the disputed value of that item can be held by the customer, all other monies outstanding shall be due for payment on the invoice due date.

11. Dependent on the circumstances, we may require that the goods are returned to us. If necessary, we will take legal proceedings to recover the goods or/and any outstanding amounts due to us.